Saturday, October 16, 2010

Why is DELL not providing Windows 7 Drivers for M2010?

My XPS 2010?was purchased early 2007?with XP Pro??under warranty until Dec 2012. ?I expected this (then) top of the range product to be future proofed such as being OS upgradeable. After testing the system with Windows 7 advisor and gaining a Green for Go, I contacted?Dell about? the few ?hardware updates to be expected. They informed me that a week or two after Windows 7 launch date 64 bit drivers would be available. I then upgraded the RAM to maximum 4GB and purchased Window 7 Ulimate 64bit (clean install). ?First dissapointment to note is that only 3.25GB RAM was usable, but Windows 7 was noteably faster, easier to Navigate and network friendly. So good in fact I likewise upgraded my Sony VAIO laptop and clean installed the same Windows 7 version.

Well, as most in the community know the much needed ?Dell Windows 7 drivers for not so old PC's?have not appeared. However, rather?than wait patentiently I contacted? Toshiba for a 64bit Windows 7 driver for the 350 Bluetooth module (etc) and they refused to help as the?'module' is not a "stock item"?. It can only be aquired through DELL apparently. Likewise the Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabite Controller, and the ACPI\DELL8010 function controller(s).? There is nowhere else to go but to trust and rely on DELL. In the emantime things?got so bad I had to bypass the DELL bluetooth keyboard and mouse by buying a Microsoft? USB Dual Reciever solution.? The DELL keyboard and mouse?are now gathering dust.

Today ?I telephoned DELL?because none of my SERVICE requests have been answered. Using their 0844 338 1066 number and getting new reference 647532722 the end to the story is that I learned (contrary to?all?previous advice) is that DELL will not be providing any Windows 7 drivers for the XPS M2010. I asked who to complain to about this?scandal, and advised?to enter my comments onto this forum (why? - because?DELL senior managers read it)!

I have to say thank you to?all the senoir bosses who don't like to face?cusotmers?for wasting my time and money. I think it is very wrong?of you to splash your webise about supporting?Windows 7?sell lots of new machines at thye expense of?ignoring your loyal customers who want to upgrade to an advanced more beneficial Microsoft OS system. My trust and confidence in DELL is seriously dented by misleading me into wasting money and time,?and then dumping me when all I want is some Windows 7 drivers. If you truly support Windows 7 then give service to all your old customers as well as new!

?

?


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment